Even if the type of cargo is subject to export regulations, an export license is not required if any of the following exception is applied.
■ Freight such as fuel and rope used on certain ships or aircraft
■ On-board cargo that secures arrival and departure of aircraft, etc. that requires repair or replacement
■Goods sent by international organizations that are exempt from regulations by convention, etc.
■Official cargo to be sent to Japanese embassies, etc.
■ Free exception
- Freight that is imported free of charge and returned free of charge
- Freight to be imported free of charge at a later date and exported free of charge
■ Small amount exception
- Within a certain range of cargo, those below a certain price determined for each type of cargo.
- Items and countries matrix is as follows:
■ Partial product exception
- When a regulated cargo is incorporated as a small part of the cargo to be exported
- If the list control parts is incorporated less than 10% price ratio, it is treated as non-list control cargo or parts.
(market price of list controlled parts which is incorporated in acargo) / (market price of cargo at the time of initial manufactured) =<10%
- When a computer is incorporated into a machine, and also the computer price is not exceeding to 35% of the machine price, the computer is not regulated even it is exceed the list control specifications.
(market price of list controlled computer which is incorporated in acargo)/(market price of cargo at the time of initial manufactured)=<35%
*1 Flow chart
*2 List control
*3 White countries (Group A)
*4 Catch-all Controls
*6 Bulk license